Apple Crisp – the definition of Fall Desserts!
I personally love any type of apple dessert, there’s just something warm apples coated in sweet brown sugar and cinnamon with ice cream on top! Apple crisp is also an incredibly delicious comforting dessert too – crisp warm apples under and delicious oatmeal crisp topping, it seriously does not get any better than this. Try out my easy recipe for homemade Apple Crisp! Recipe demonstration below!!
2 Granny Smith Apples, diced
3 Gala Apples, diced
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup quick oats
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup softened butter
1. Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking pan and set aside.
2. Place apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and water into saucepan. Stir to combine and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Once done remove from heat.
3. While apples are cooking make topping by combining topping ingredients – flour, sugar and oats in a medium sized bowl.
4. Add butter and using clean hands or a fork, mix butter into flour mixture until you have bread crumb texture. Mixture should hold its shape when pressed together.
5. Pour cooked apples into a prepared baking dish.
6. Spread topping evenly over apples
7. Bake at 375 for 20 – 25 minutes
8. Serve and enjoy with my Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream or my Salted Caramel Ice Cream