It’s Baileys time!!
Irish Cream Icing aka my Baileys Chocolate Glaze
I recently made a no bake Baileys Cheesecake (recipe to be posted very shortly) and when developing that recipe I knew I wanted to incorporate chocolate into it. I however did not want to have a chocolate crust, nor did I want to just plot chunks of chocolate into the cheesecake itself. I finally settled on making a Baileys Irish Cream Chocolate Glaze, and boy it is amazing! It is such a delicious combination – I always love having Baileys Hot Chocolate during the holidays – so incredible, and thought this recipe would be the ‘icing on the cake’ for my cheesecake. This recipe is so simple and uses only a few ingredients.
You can use my Baileys Chocolate Glaze to ice cupcakes, cakes, loafs, cheesecakes, pies, and dessert bars! Now for those who are not a fan of the original boozy Baileys you can use Irish Cream or Baileys coffee creamer instead – same great taste minus the alcohol!
- ⅛ teaspoon instant coffee powder
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ cup Baileys
- ½ cup semi sweet choc chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place coffee powder, cocoa powder and confectioners sugar into a small saucepan. Add Bailey’s and stir until cocoa and confectioners sugar are fully dissolved.
- Turn stove onto medium low heat. Add chocolate chips and allow to sit in pot for a minute or so, or until chips begin to slightly melt.
- Stir chocolate chips until fully melted and mixture is smooth and combined.
- Turn off stove and add in butter. Stir in butter until fully melted and combined.
- Allow glaze to cool for a few minutes before icing your dessert.
Substitute Baileys with non alcoholic Irish Cream/ Baileys coffee creamer