DELICIOUS BLUEBERRY BARS
My Blueberry Bars are so easy to make and require only a few simple ingredients, I’m sure you have on hand. These are perfect for breakfast, as a snack or you could even have it as dessert, just heat each serving slightly until warm and serve with vanilla ice cream!
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ lemon, zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-250ml jar of blueberry jam
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Place sugar, lemon zest, flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and stir together to combine.
- Add butter and egg. Stir to combine until dough forms.
- Lightly butter a 8x8 baking dish and place ¾ of your dough into pan. Press dough into bottom of baking dish.
- Place blueberry jam and cinnamon into a small bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds to loosen jam. Stir to combine.
- Pour blueberry jam over the dough and spread over evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining dough over the jam layer.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 45 to 55 minutes, until golden brown.
- Once done allow to cool completely and then cut into squares.