What’s the SKINNY on bechamel sauce? Cream Cauliflower Sauce!
Looking for a healthy creamy and delicious sauce to use for your pasta dishes? Try my Creamy Cauliflower Sauce! This low fat, low calorie sauce is a perfect alternative to bechamel sauce – use it to top your favorite pasta or as a base for any cheese sauce such a alfredo or even to make macaroni and cheese – it can even be used to top pizza!
Creamy Cauliflower Sauce – Healthy Béchamel Sauce
Author: Chika of Borrowed Delights
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into pieces
- 2 cups water
- ½ - 1 teaspoon minced roasted garlic - to taste
- half of a chicken bouillon cube
- 1½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place chopped cauliflower and water into a large pot. Cook cauliflower, covered, over medium heat until fork tender, about 10-20 minutes.
- Place cooked cauliflower and 1 cup of the cooking liquid into a blender or food processor. Add garlic, salt, black pepper and chicken bouillon cube.
- Blend or puree until the sauce is very smooth. Add more cooking liquid depending on how thick or thin you want your sauce.
- Serve over your favorite pasta or use to create a casserole dish!
**Add grated parmesan, sharp cheddar, or even mozzarella to create a luscious cheese sauce for alfredo sauce, mac n'cheese sauce or a pizza sauce