CHICKEN, SPINACH, CHEESE STUFFED SHELLS
My simple stuffed shells recipe is super easy to make and full of cheese, chicken and spinach! These stuffed shells are a great easy and quick dinner recipe that also freezes very well. Enjoy!
Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Shells
Author: Chika of Borrowed Delights
- 22 to 24 jumbo shells
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1⅔ cups mozzarella, shredded
- ⅔ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained of excess liquid
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups alfredo sauce
- Cook shells in salted boiling water until al dente, as per package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Place chicken, spinach, ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, ⅓ cup parmesan, egg, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl. Stir to fully combine.
- Add half of your alfredo sauce into bottom of baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of the ricotta mixture and place inside each shell. Place stuffed shells stuffed side up in baking dish. Repeat until all shells are stuffed.
- Add remaining alfredo sauce over stuffed shells. Sprinkle top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven.
- Serve and enjoy!