Stir-fry’s are such great dinner ideas – they’re easy to make, you can use whatever vegetables and meat you have in your fridge, and they are full of flavor. I’ve chosen to share one of my favorite stirfry recipe’s for easy and flavorful Chicken, Mushroom and Asparagus Stir Fry!
Chicken, Mushroom and Asparagus Stir Fry
Author: Chika of Borrowed Delights
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 lb white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus – trimmed the stems and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons miced ginger
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon each of parsley, thyme, rosemary
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1-3 tablespoons honey
- Place 3 tablespoons of oil into a trying pan/wok over medium heat. Once oil has heated, add diced chicken pieces and cook for 5-7 minutes until they begin to brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add onions, and remaining spices. Stir to combine and cook for another 5-7 minutes until the onions are translucent and soft. Add 3 tablespoons of water to deglaze frying pan.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus and another 3 tablespoons of water and honey. Stir to combine. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the asparagus is bright green and crisp.
- Serve and enjoy over white or brown rice or noodles!