Eggless and EASY Chocolate Cream Pie!
Chocolate Cream Pie can be a VERY intimidating pie to make. I get it – the thought of making the perfect meringue can make you want to run from your kitchen. Well fear not – my Chocolate Cream Pie recipe is here to save you. So go to your kitchen grab your apron and lets get started! You are going to absolutely love my recipe because it doesn’t actually require that you make your own homemade meringue, instead all you need is one jar of marshmallow fluff!!!
That’s right a perfect time saving cheat ingredient and you can of course use which ever brand you’d like. Now before we go any further I will clarify that I am not necessarily promoting the use of every single kind of ‘cheat ingredients’ and the constant use of them , but I understand that your time is precious and not everyone enjoys spending hours standing in their kitchen over mixing bowls, measuring cups and a hot stove. Nonetheless my Chocolate Cream Pie topped with whipped cream is silky smooth, light and literally melts in your mouth! Because we use both unsweetened chocolate and bittersweet chocolate for this recipe, it is not too sweet – I’ve never been a fan of overly sweet desserts, so I make sure what I make isn’t too sweet. This is going to become a family favorite and makes for the perfect holiday dessert, whether Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter!
- 1 pre-baked pie shell
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 3oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 jar marshmallow fluff
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups whipped cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- Place chocolate and butter into the top of a bain-marie (double boiler), and stir until melted and combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, add the marshmallow fluff to the melted chocolate. Stir to combine.
- Transfer marshmallow mixture into a medium saucepan, set to medium-low heat, and add milk. Stir until combined and smooth.
- Once combined, remove saucepan from the stove, and set aside until marshmallow mixture cools to room temperature. You can stir mixture every 10 minutes to ensure it cools evenly.
- Once completely cooled, gently fold in 1 cup of the unsweetened whipped cream, until incorporated.
- Pour chocolate filling into prepared pie shell and smooth top.
- Sweeten remaining 1 cup of whipped cream, to taste, with 2-3 tablespoons confections sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Top off pie with sweetened whipped cream. Garnish the top with shaved chocolate or chocolate chips – white, semi-sweet, or bittersweet.
- Place pie in the fridge overnight, or for at least 6-8 hours, to set.
- Cut into desired pieces and serve.