Chocolate. Peanut Butter. Ice Cream
I love summer because it means I can eat all the ice cream I want to without feeling any guilt! Well not true, but it’s a great excuse to be able to! My Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream is the perfect combination of sweet and salty and best of all it take no time and minimal ingredients to put together!
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon smooth OR crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups whipped cream, beaten
- 1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Place chocolate chips and ¾ cups of whipping cream into microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment until chocolate is fully melted and you have a smooth mixture. Set aside.
- Add remaining 2 cups of whipping cream into stand mixer and beat until soft/medium peaks form. Transfer to separate bowl and set aside.
- In the same mixing bowl add in sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, cocoa powder and vanilla. Beat until smooth and well combined.
- Add ⅓ of whipped cream to condensed milk mixture and mix until incorporated. Add remaining whipped cream and mix until incorporated.
- Add one third of whipped cream mixture into air tight container. Pour ⅓ of your melted chocolate mixture over whipped cream layer. Use a knife to swirl chocolate sauce into whipped cream. Add another third of whipped cream mixture over swirled layer. Pour another third of chocolate sauce over cream and use knife to swirl. Repeat with remaining whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
- Place plastic wrap over mixture and top with lid. Place in freezer for at least 6-8 hours.
- Enjoy and serve!