Texas Sheet Cake/Chocolate Sheet Cake – perfect potluck cake!
Texas Sheet Cake/Chocolate Sheet Cake is a wonderful recipe to have in your back pocket. This cake is made in a 14 by 10 baking sheet, making it a huge cake, excellent for large gatherings/events such as work potlucks, birthdays, or dinner parties! This recipe can also be made into cupcakes as well. Light, moist and chocolaty, without being too sweet, this cake is perfect for any chocolate lover and has an amazing Whipped Chocolate Frosting. Recipe demonstration below ♥
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cups milk
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ⅔ cup boiling water with ¼ teaspoon instant coffee
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease and line the bottom of a 14x10 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and stir to combine, using a wire whisk.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir to combine, until smooth batter.
- Carefully add the hot coffee and stir until fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10-15 minutes in the pan and then invert onto a cooling rack, and allow to cool completely to room temperature.
- Once fully cooked, frost your sheet cake with your favorite frosting – Whipped Chocolate Frosting (https://goo.gl/9ctDN1) is recommended!!!