Green Bean Casserole is a classic holiday side dish!
I absolutely LOVE green beans and especially Green Bean Casserole! Not only is it so incredibly easy to whip up, it tastes so good. I mean green beans in a creamy mushroom sauce, topped with a crispy crunch fried onions – it doesn’t get much better than this. Try this quick dinner idea recipe not only during the holidays, but for family dinners or even potlucks. This recipe is a perfect accompaniment to my Scalloped Potatoes and Oven Baked Fried Chicken! Recipe demonstration below!
Classic Green Bean Casserole
Author: Chika of Borrowed Delights
- 1lb frozen green beans
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1⅔ cups French’s Fried Onions
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place green beans, mushroom soup, milk, salt and black pepper and ⅔ of your French fried onions into a casserole dish. Stir to combine.
- Smooth top of green beans and sprinkle remaining 1 cup of fried onions over the top in an even layer .
- Cover baking dish with foil and place into oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until heated through and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and serve!