Multi-purpose Blueberry Sauce!
Having stable recipes that you can whip out of your back pocket, is so important and makes for such ease in the kitchen. My homemade multi-purpose Easy Blueberry Sauce is one of these recipes! Make with fresh or frozen blueberries, this sauce is affordable and so simple. I love using this to top my Banana Oatmeal Pancakes , Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream, cheesecakes and much more! This recipe can also be doubled and used as a pie filing! View recipe demonstration below!
Easy Blueberrry Sauce/Pie Filling
Author: Chika of Borrowed Delights
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Place water, blueberries, sugar, salt, cornstarch into a medium sized sauce pan.
- Stir ingredients together and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Once mixer has boiled and thickened about 15 minutes, remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Let cool and transfer into air tight container. Use on desserts, pancakes