There is nothing greater than being able to make your own homemade ice cream from scratch! Unlike the use of sweetened condensed milk, this ice cream uses a custard base, which produces an incredibly creamy, delicious and not-too-sweet ice cream. That’s right, you’ll never have to let this ice cream sit out on the counter to soften before serving. Even better this icecream recipe requires NO CHURNING AND NO MACHINE!!! This simple velvety smooth ice cream straight from the freezer will have you licking your bowl clean! Enjoy this incredibly creamy ice cream straight from the freezer – no need to let it sit out the counter before serving! Want some ice cream and cake? Try my delicious Chocolate Cherry Pie Cake!
Easy Homemade Ice Cream recipe – Custard based, NO churn and NO Machine
Author: Chika of Borrowed Delights
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cups sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste/pure extract
- Pour whipping cream into the bowl of a standing mixer, and beat until stiff peaks form. Cover cream and place in fridge.
- Place sugar and eggs into a medium bowl and begin to whisk to combine.
- Place bowl over a pot of simmering water on medium-low heat. Ensure the bowl does not touch the bottom of the pot – bain marie method.
- Carefully whisk the mixture continuously, until mixture is pale in colour and double in volume – 15-18 minutes. It is important to mix constantly to ensure eggs do not cook.
- Pour custard into the bowl of a standing mixer (can be poured through sieve), and with a whisk attachment, and beat on high for 7-12 minutes or until custard has cooled to room temperature - the bowl should be cool to the touch. Add vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add prepared whipped cream a third at a time, and on the lowest setting, mix to incorporate into custard.
- Pour ice cream into a container and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ice cream. Cover with lid and place into the freezer. Freeze for at least 6-8 hours, preferably over night.