HEALTHY, CRISPY, JUICY FRIED CHICKEN DOES EXIST!!
Mmm, mmm, mmm fried chicken!! As a lover of fried chicken, I really enjoy being able to indulge in a healthier version of this recipe with my easy Oven Baked Fried Chicken recipe! Look no further for a delicious healthy fried chicken recipe that’s crispy, moist and flavorful! The secret to this juicy oven baked fried chicken is the mayonnaise dressing I make which I use to coat the chicken in! Not only does this keep the chicken nice and moist, it gives such great flavor! View my recipe demonstration below!
Easy Oven Baked Fried Chicken
Author: Chika of Borrowed Delights
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 1 ½ teaspoon of both thyme and parsley
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, paprika, black pepper, salt and minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon curry powder and minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon minced hot chilli pepper or chilli flakes (optional)
- 1.5 – 2 lbs chicken drumsticks – skin removed
- 3 cups panko crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place mayonnaise and spices into a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place skinless chicken drumsticks into a bowl and generously season with salt and black pepper.
- Add spiced mayonnaise and massage into chicken, ensuring each piece is coated. Cover chicken with plastic wrap and place in fridge for at least 1 - 2 hours to marinate, or overnight if preferred.
- Place panko breadcrumbs into shallow bowl. Add 1-2 pieces of chicken to crumbs and toss to coat chicken with panko crumbs. Place coated chicken on wired rack or plate for 5 minutes and then toss into panko crumbs one final time.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Grease or spray the aluminum foil with cooking oil.
- Place coated chicken pieces onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake chicken for 40-50 minutes or until fully cooked and juices run clear.