GLUTEN FREE & DAIRY FREE FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
My Flourless Chocolate Cake is a perfect treat for any chocolate lover! Rich and dense, a sliver of a piece will go a long way in satisfying any chocolate craving. Enjoy along side a scoop of Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream, Oreo Ice Cream or Salted Caramel Ice Cream or with some sliced strawberries and Whipped Cream. This Flourless Chocolate Cake is a perfect summer treat!
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup coco powder
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preaheat oven to 325. Grease and line a spring form pan.
- Place butter and chocolate in a baine marie and stir until fully melted and combined. Stir in coco powder.
- Place eggs, sugar and vanilla extract into mixing bowl and beat on high speed for 5-7 minutes until mixture has tripled in volume and is pale in color.
- Take a quarter cup of egg mixture and mix it into the melted chocolate and butter to loosen it.
- Fold the remaining egg mixture into the melted chocolate 2 additions.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely in the pan and then run a knife along the sides prior to releasing the cake from the pan.
- Serve with dusting of powdered sugar or dollop of whipped cream.