GINGERBREAD + HOT CHOCOLATE = CHRISTMAS IN A CUP!
My Gingerbread Hot Chocolate is truly a holiday treat! The sweet hot coco spiced with ginger and cinnamon is a unique twist on a holiday and winter classic hot chocolate. Delicious and simply made!
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Serve with whipped cream, sprinkle of cinnamon and ginger snap cookies
- Place milk into a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add brown sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and ginger. Stir to combine and heat until milk begins to steam.
- Turn off heat and add vanilla extract and chocolate chips. Allow mixture to sit for 1 minute and then, whisk together until chocolate is fully melted and incorporated into milk.
- Remove from heat, pour into cup and serve with whipped cream and a gingersnap cookie!