Making no fail, homemade caramel sauce couldn’t be any easier!
Making homemade caramel sauce can be a bit intimidating. With so many recipes and techniques it can be confusing to know which recipe to go with. I hope my no fail homemade caramel sauce recipe will come as reprieve to you. This recipe is very simple and best of all does not require the use of a thermometer. You can store this caramel in mason jar containers in the fridge and just slightly warm the jar for a few seconds in the microwave when you want to use. This caramel is perfect to use for your desserts and breakfast treats, I even use it to make my Homemade Salted Caramel Ice Cream and Chocolate Chip Caramel Cheesecake Bars, both of which are absolutely amazing! View the recipe demonstration below!
No Fail Homemade Caramel Sauce
Author: Chika of Borrowed Delights
- ½ c butter
- 1¼ c brown sugar
- ⅔ c evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp sea. salt or to taste (optional for salted caramel)
- Place butter and brown sugar into a medium sauce pan and bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Let boil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Carefully add in evaporated milk and stir to fully combine. Bring to boil and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add in vanilla and sea salt (optional). Stir to combine.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes and then pour into air tight containers.
Caramel sauce can be stored in fridge for 2 – 2.5 weeks - if it lasts that long!