Homemade Salted Caramel Ice Cream – made with only 4 ingredients!!!
Who doesn’t LOVE ice cream??? I mean seriously sweet, creamy, cold ice cream – who doesn’t LOVE this stuff?!?! My Homemade Salted Caramel Ice Cream is absolute perfection! I notice that I say that alot about the recipes on my blog ‘ perfection’, but seriously, it’s that good – make that DELICIOUS! I have shared my from scratch recipe for Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream, that is absolutely divine, and this recipe is on par in terms of the flavor and texture, with the only difference is that my Salted Caramel Ice Cream, doesn’t require the use of a homemade custard! That’s right, no need to worry about standing over the stove to make this a ice cream recipe! This non custard based, homemade Salted Caramel Ice Cream requires the use of only 4 simple ingredients – whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, homemade caramel sauce (or store bought) , and sea salt! That’s right no eggs, no machine and absolutely no churning! You must give this recipe a try – it’s too simple not to! Recipe demonstration below.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 300ml/10oz sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup caramel sauce, plus 3-6 tablespoons
- ⅛ or a pinch sea salt (optional)
- Place whipping cream into the bowl of a standing mixer, and beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add condensed milk and mix into whipped cream to combine.
- Add caramel and gently stir into whipped cream mixture.
- Pour ¼ or ⅓ of mixture into airtight container, drizzle 2 tablespoons of salted caramel sauce over mixture. Repeat until all of mixture has been used.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ice cream. Cover with lid and place in freezer.
- Freeze for at least 6-8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Enjoy this creamy delicious no machine ice cream straight out of the freezer