Looking to make some of the best vanilla cupcakes that are moist, light and fluffy? Try my recipe for Simple Vanilla Cupcakes! Decorate these cupcakes with your favorite frosting such as my Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting.
Simple Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe - Homemade from Scratch
Author: Chika of Borrowed Delights
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake tin with liners and set aside.
- Place flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar into the bowl of a standing mixer. Using the paddle attachment, turn mixer on low speed for a few seconds to combine the dry ingredients.
- Add your butter to the dry ingredients and mix until the mixture resembles a sand-like/crumb texture.
- Add eggs and mix until just incorporated.
- Slowly pour in the milk and mix until fully incorporated into batter. Stop mixer and scrap the sides and bottom of your bowl. Add vanilla extract. Stir until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners half way to three-quarters full, with batter. You may use an icecream scoop, a ¼ cup measure ,or 2 tablespoons of batter
- Bake cupcakes for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean and is springy to the touch.
- Removed cupcakes from cupcake tin afer 5-10 minutes and place them on a cooling wrack to cool to room temperature. Decorate with your favorite frosting such as my Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting. Makes 16-18 cupcakes!