I’ve never been a fan of store bought/pre-made whipped topping, no offense to the many of you that do like to use these in preparing dessert, but for me, I’ve never been able to jump onto that band wagon. I’ve always thought, why would I buy something that I can so easily make by myself, with basic affordable natural ingredients – have you looked up the ingredients used in store bought toppings??? Another reason I prefer to make my own whipped topping or whipped cream is because I don’t like my sweets or condiments too sweet. I like that I have the ability to easily control the sweetness of my topping, and also alter the flavour if it with the simple addition of a few drops or teaspoons of my favorite extract. And lets not forget the aftertaste of store-bought topping – again not a fan, but those are just my personal opinions. I hope you’ll try your hand at making your own simple and delicious homemade whipped cream with my recipe below. Use this easy recipe to frost, fill, or top off cakes, cupcakes, pies, squares or other desserts!
How to make Homemade Whipped Cream - Homemade Whipped Topping
Author: Chika of Borrowed Delights
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste or pure extract
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar
- Pour whipping cream into the bowl of a standing mixer, and with the wire whip attachment, beat cream at medium speed until soft peaks begin to form.
- Turn mixer off and add vanilla paste and confectioners sugar.
- Turn mixer back on and begin beating on low speed. Mix until stiff peaks begin to form, ensuring not to over beat.
- Place Whipped Cream into the fridge for later use or use immediately. To store, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge - will keep for up to 2-3 days in the fridge.