Semi-Homemade Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
This Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake is one of my absolute favs!! I know I say that about all my cakes right? LOL. But seriously this cake is so easy to make and is moist and delicious! Now I know I don’t usually use box cake mixes or instant pudding but these 2 simple ingredients take the bundt cake to a whole other level! Enjoy this semi-homemade cake recipe!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 3.4 ounce box instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon - reserve other half for glaze
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease bundt pan and set aside.
- Place cake mix and pudding mix into the bowl of stand mixer. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, eggs and water. Stir to combine.
- Add yogurt mixture to cake mix. Stir to combine. Stir in poppyseeds.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow cake to cool for 30 minutes and then invert it onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve cake with a drizzle of lemon glaze.
- Cake can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.