Quinoa is one of the best substitutes for rice and pasta – that’s right even pasta. This incredible super-food, is really not difficult to make and tastes great. For this recipe I’ve said good-bye to starchy white rice and have instead used quinoa. This stirfry, or ‘fried rice’ if you prefer, is so easy to make. You can of course use which ever vegetables you like and also add in egg or chicken.
Quinoa Stir Fry
Author: Chika of Borrowed Delights
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ onion, chopped
- ¾ of red, yellow and green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon minced/crushed garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried rosemary, thyme, parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place quinoa into a medium sized saucepan and cover with water – about 1 ½ - 2 cups. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, and simmer until quinoa has separated, absorbed the water, is tender . Drain any excess water from quinoa using a colander and set aside to cool.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until tender. Add bell peppers and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger and spices to vegetables and stir.
- Add cooked quinoa and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy along side my Panko and Herb Crusted Salmon!