Rich, creamy, cheesy Scalloped Potatoes!! What’s better than an incredibly simple potatoes casserole dish on weeknight? I hope you enjoy my recipe – please leave your comments below and share 😀 Scalloped Potatoes is a great quick dinner idea recipe to have on hand!
Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
Author: Chika of Borrowed Delights
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 can milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme and rosemary
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wash, peel and thinly slice 8-9 russet potatoes. Place sliced potatoes into a bowl of cold water to prevent discoloration.
- In a bowl stir the mushroom soup and milk together until combined.
- Season with thyme, rosemary and salt.
- Layer one-third of the sliced potatoes in a greased square casserole or deep baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of black pepper over the layer of potatoes, followed one-third of your cheese. Pour one-third of your sauce over the potatoes and cheese layer. Repeat layers and finish top with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45-60 minute, or until potatoes are fully cooked (fork tender), cheese is melted, and top is golden brown.