Strawberry Cake is one of my favorite cakes. It is a perfect spring/summer dessert that is so elegant and such a show stopper! Best of all my recipe for Homemade Strawberry Cake is made completely from SCRATCH! That’s right NO need or use for Jell-O or gelatin. This is a simple and easy cake that is so perfectly moist and light! Comment below and let me know how much you love it!
Strawberry Cake - Homemade with NO Jell-O
Author: Chika of Borrowed Delights
- 2-3 cups fresh strawberries sliced, pureed**
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅔ cups butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ cups strawberry puree
- Fuss Free Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar
- Directions – Strawberry Puree**
- Place strawberries, 1-2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of water into a saucepan. Bring to boil and let simmer for 15-20 minutes on medium-low heat. Place cooked down strawberries and syrup into a food processor and purée the strawberries until smooth. Strain the mixture through a sieve to remove the seeds. Set aside to cool. Makes ½ to ¾ cup of strawberry puree.
- Directions – Strawberry Cake
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13x9 baking pan.
- Place flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar into the bowl of a standing mixer. Using the paddle attachment, turn mixer on low speed.
- With your mixer on, slowly add the butter a few tablespoons at a time. Mix until mixture resembles crumb-like consistency.
- Add milk and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Add eggs and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add strawberry puree and mix until combined.
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre of cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely to room temperature before icing with Fuss Free Cream Cheese Frosting. Drizzle with melted semi-sweet chocolate and garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Directions - Cream Cheese Frosting
- Using a wooden spoon, in a medium bowl stir cream cheese until creamy. Add confectioners’ sugar and gradually stir until combined. Use immediately to ice any cake such as Strawberry Cake or place in fridge for 3-5 days.