This is the BEST Banana Bread Recipe you will ever come across!
Not only is it simple and easy to make with the perfect amount of sweetness – thanks to our ripe bananas, it’s also healthy! That’s right banana bread made with whole wheat flour can be light, moist and still taste delicious – I kid you not! I seriously love banana bread! A slice of this banana bread makes for a perfect grab-and-go breakfast, and is also a great snack anytime of the day, whether in the afternoon or midnight – sorry cheesecake move on over! You can even serve a slice of banana bread, that’s been warmed, with a scoop or two of ice cream – salted caramel is the best – an amazingly simple and delicious dessert idea!
The next time you’re looking for a quick breakfast recipe to last you through the week or quick dessert idea for when you have family or friends over for dinner, be sure to make this incredible banana bread recipe!
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cake flour (or sifted all-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly bundt pan or 2 loaf pans and set aside.
- Place banana's in a bowl and mash them to create banana pulp.
- In a bowl, combine oil, eggs, sugar, banana pulp, milk, and vanilla. Mix together until well incorporated.
- Place whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon into a separate bowl. Using a wired whisk, mix together to combine.
- Add half of your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add remaining dry ingredients and incorporate until just combined. Scrape down the sides of your bowl to ensure all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.